It is widely known that letting a child use and watch TV and other electronic devices such as tablets and smartphones for too long is bad. And as a parent, you may already have known this intrinsically, but why is this so? What are the effects of too much screen time?
As your partners in child care in Orlando, Florida, allow us at Cub Academy to list down the negative consequences of this seemingly passive entertainment.
- Emotional, social, and attention issues after 2 hours of use per day
- Worse academic testing results for elementary school-age children who have TVs in their bedroom
- Obesity from being sedentary
- Disturbed sleeping patterns from the blue light emitted from electronic devices
- Desensitization due to exposure to violent games, movies, music, and other entertainment
Per a 2010 study by the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, the average child between 8 and 18 years old accumulates 7 and ½ hours of entertainment media every day, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.
That is why at our preschool in Florida, we make sure that your child consumes the least screen time possible.
You can trust our day care to focus on engaging and physically and mentally stimulating activities without the unnecessary use of electronics.